PLASTICS & POLYMERS
“Traditionally it would take up to several weeks or more to automate a new project; whereas now, you roll the cobot out to the floor, you do some programming, and it can be up and running in two days.”
EVCO塑料Cobot同事s to Work, Improves Work Environment and Throughput
Tasks Solved: Handling gearbox assembly (including tending the glue dispenser, cap insertion, and inspection), “Harvesting” of 3D printers, and
end-of-line case packing of molded parts in tandem with Cartesian robot
Automation Challenges Solved:
- Ability to automate without safety guarding in confined spaces
- Workers with no robotics experience can interact and troubleshoot cobot-assisted production
Key Value Drivers:
- Fast integration with peripherals through UR+ platform
- Easy programming
- Decrease in workers’ compensation insurance premiums due to safer work environment
COLLABORATIVE ROBOTS IN
PLASTICS & POLYMERS
注射和吹塑行动不要让米oney unless the mold is closed. But loading and unloading machines is dull, repetitive, and injury-prone work that is challenging to staff. That makes it ideal for automation. UR robot arms are available in a range of reach and payload capabilities. They can be integrated into existing facilities with high-mix, low-volume production that can’t be cost-effectively automated with traditional robots.
Flexible cobots can also be redeployed throughout a plastics manufacturing facility to automate many other processes. Those include secondary processes such as degating, grinding, spru removal, and polishing, as well as applying labels or decals to plastic parts. Cobots can be deployed for assembly and packaging and palletizing processes, working safely alongside operators after a risk assessment.
As plastics manufacturers expand into additive processes such as 3D printing, collaborative robots provide additional advantages. Cobots can work around the clock to keep printer farms humming. Lightweight cobots can be mounted on mobile carts and still have long enough reach to load and unload plates from multiple printers.
- Cobots in plastic and polymer applications can work around the clock to meet demand, without the struggle to staff undesirable tasks. Quality isn’t sacrificed for productivity, with accurate, repeatable automation that can also help reduce waste.
APPLICATIONS FOR COBOTS
CHOOSE THE RIGHT COLLABORATIVE ROBOT
Universal Robots offers a range of robot arm models to meet the changing demands of plastics manufacturing, from machine tending to assembly, to packaging & palletizing.
|脚印||Ø 128 mm||Ø 149 mm||Ø190毫米||Ø190毫米|
Explore the range of plastics and polymer applications from UR customers around the world.